Thursday, November 14, 2019

What can a Dog Teach About Estate Planning?

The other night, an unexpected thunderstorm popped up.  The next thing I know, I have a shaking, scared dog name Bill laying in my lap.

Like Bill, Probate and incapacity can be scary for your family if you don’t have a plan for both.  There are legal hassles to work through if you aren’t able to make sound, rational choices anymore.  There are legal hassles to work through if the unspeakable happens.

I believe everyone over the age of 18 should have at least a durable power of attorney for finances, legal matters, and healthcare in case of mental incapacity.  This not only protects them, but also keep their family out of court getting permission to manage their affairs.

I believe everyone with a family should have a succession and distribution plan.

I want to make it a reality that everybody is protected against the red tape of court and probate.

I am an estate planning attorney at DeWitt Law Firm.  I would be happy to talk to you about preventing probate and protecting yourself and your family.

The post What can a Dog Teach About Estate Planning? appeared first on DeWitt Law Firm, PLLC.



from DeWitt Law Firm, PLLC https://ift.tt/2CFF5w5


from DeWitt Law Firm, PLLC

No comments:

Post a Comment